Paris School of Business: Renewal of AMBA accreditation for 5 years and the first-ever French Grande Ecole to obtain international BGA accreditation.
Accredited by AMBA for its Grande Ecole Masters in Business Management Programme (MBM) since 2014, and for its MBA programme since 2016, Paris School of Business has just had both of these leading programmes reaccredited for a period of five years.
This prestigious international distinction, awarded by the Association of MBAs, recognises the distinctive excellence of each programme, re-accredited for the maximum period of 5 years. It also confirms the position of Paris School of Business as a nationally and internationally recognised higher education institution. Fewer than 300 Business Schools in the world, or only 2% of management programmes, have succeeded in being awarded the accreditation by AMBA.
Additionally, Paris School of Business now becomes the first-ever French Grande Ecole to obtain international BGA accreditation. This new international accreditation, developed by the Association of MBAs, was created in 2019 and aims to measure the specific value created by a Business School for all its stakeholders, including: students, business organisations, professors and civil society. In the same way as AACSB and EFMD EQUIS accreditations, BGA accreditation covers the scope of the whole institution, rather than a specific programme. This new accreditation has also been awarded to Paris School of Business for a maximum period of five years.
During the AMBA/BGA audit, the international assessment team highlighted a number of key features of PSB’s activities and programme provision:
- The successful implementation of PSB's ambitious 2020 strategic plan;
- The distinctive appeal of its programme for high-calibre applicants and students;
- The excellent corporate connections, offering an impressive depth and breadth of MBM internship opportunities for students;
- The Business School and its programmes led by a professional, passionate and humble team of education specialists;
- PSB's commitment to the AMBA/BGA accreditation process, enabling the Institution to successfully measure its value creation for the broadest possible range of stakeholders.
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of AMBA & BGA, said: ‘I am delighted to welcome Paris School of Business to the BGA network and would like to congratulate the School for being the first Business School in France to become BGA accredited. PSB has demonstrated a commitment to the learning experience of students, especially with the strong ties it has to the corporate world. ‘I would also like to congratulate the School on its AMBA re-accreditation. The School is an important part of the AMBA network, which accredits just the top 2% of Business Schools globally. I am looking forward to continuing to work with PSB.’
"After obtaining the AACSB accreditation in February 2020, and EPAS accreditation in 2019, the joint AMBA/BGA accreditation confirms Paris School of Business's position of academic excellence. These awards are the culmination of our successfully implemented Horizon 2020 strategy plan, aimed at establishing the Institution as one of the best Business Schools in the world," says Armand Derhy, former Dean and Director of Paris School of Business (2009-2020*) and current Chairman of the School's Board of Governors.
*Philippe Jamet recently took over the leadership of the School in August 2020.
More info on AMBA and BGA website :
- AMBA: https://www.associationofmbas.com/press-releases/paris-school-of-business-becomes-first-french-business-school-to-be-accredited-by-the-business-graduates-association-and-is-re-accredited-by-the-association-of-mbas/
- BGA: https://businessgraduatesassociation.com/press-releases/paris-school-of-business-becomes-first-french-business-school-to-be-accredited-by-the-business-graduates-association-and-is-re-accredited-by-the-association-of-mbas/
Paris, 10 September 2020.